Monday, April 13, 2009

1st Day of School!

I have to take a shower in 20 mins or else I'll be late for school, so this is gonna be short and sweet.

Yesterday we had our first day of school. We were 15 mins late due mostly to stupidity.

It was the first day of school for 3 other students as well, all of which were definitely past their 30s. Their preliminary tests were rather long. I was kinda worried, but not terrible. I mean, how worried can you be when you already know that you're gonna fail horribly, right?

Finally it was my turn and I could answer the first question, and then I had to admit my inability to speak the language.

Then, we were placed into classes. Shelly and I are the only ones in the beginner level. Mika-sensei was our teacher that day is she is incredibly nice. I'm so glad that we came to school here and that we finally have homework!!

We learned basic greetings and how to introduce ourselves. Today we have a vocabulary test, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

At the school, we rented some bikes for the rest of our stay here, a phone and a cooking set. Overall, it was kind of expensive, but I am very glad that we have bikes. Even though they are hard to ride and avoiding peds is nearly impossible (in Japan bikes ride on the sidewalk with the peds).

We also went to Daiei which is like a mall with a produce section. It is huge. We bought a bag of rice and tons of other essential food items. But we forgot to get salt. I really want salt. And we also didn't get bento boxes so we can't take a box lunch to school. We will start cooking today.

We had takoyaki (octopus dumplings) for dinner and they were amazing. We watched a movie called Nana so that we wouldn't fall asleep before 9. Shelly cheated and slept during the movie. I didn't notice until she started snoring though. Of course I woke her up.

In the end, we both went to bed at a reasonable hour. But I still woke up at 4:30 this morning. But hey, that's 30 mins later than yesterday. And a whole hour later than Sunday morning! Yay!!

Oh and japanese cream puffs are awesome. We bought a pack of frozen ones for Easter and then forgot that we had them.

No comments:

Post a Comment