Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beach and Breakups

So Christmas Break was amazing. I wish I could have spent more time with my Utah friends, but being in Vegas with my fam was also priceless. The Pitbull concert for New Years wasn't half bad either. ;)

Anyway, the moment I arrive in Hawaii, all the drama I'd left behind is once again unleashed...

One of my best friends here broke up with his girl of nearly two years over the holiday. I had assumed he wanted a listening, commiserating ear, but no. He wanted to date me. I tried to explain that it was way to weird to go from just close friends to lovers in a matter of minutes, but he wasn't having any of that. It's been two weeks since he confessed his love for me and his desire to take me to the temple. School started barely two weeks ago. So, I have a new ruined friendship on my hands.

My first weekend back, two of my girls got a surfboard. So we tried to paddle from Bikini Beach to Pounders with all three of us on top of it. Needless to say, it didn't go very well. But it was a ton of fun.

The long weekend was spent at Sunset Beach, seeing The Green Hornet (hilarious), church, weekly phone-call home, homework, Surfin' Tacos, Walmart run, and work. My new job requires that I Skype with international students for 10 hours every week. It's a real pain for me to try and reschedule, especially since most of my students are in Mongolia. So I went in on Monday and spent three hours in the office alone. Of course almost half of my students didn't even show up for their appointed time...but that's okay. I sat and watched netflix during the time I had no one to talk to--don't tell the boss! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment