Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter Semester

Fall semester went well, it was pretty stressful near the end as I had 5 finals on the same day and left for the airport an hour after my last final. Still I managed to get the grades I was hoping for except in Chinese. However, I am determined to get the best grade ever in Chinese this semester--we'll see how that goes.

Christmas break was spectacular, I got to do all of the things that I had hoped to accomplish and more. Clubbing, modeling, shopping and sledding were some of the highlights. Although I'll admit that Utah is just too cold for me now.

So far for this semester, work is pretty good. Everything seems to be flowing quite nicely--so far we haven't had any major problems unlike last semester where it seemed like anything that could go wrong, did.

I guess I should mention that my old roommate, Emma, applied for an internship in Florida working at Disney World. Luckily she was accepted, so she'll be spending the next 9 months working in the hotels as she is a Tourism Management Major. So for this semester I have a new roommate, Kiki, who is a freshman from Hong Kong. I'm really excited to become better acquainted with her.

It's a little sad walking around campus and realizing that many of my friends either graduated or left for their missions or simply ran out of money and won't be returning, if at all, for a few more years. However, the people that remain have been overjoyed to see me and I've had plenty of activities to keep me busy.

The beginning of the work was mostly just work and getting ready for school. On saturday, however, I went to the beach with a bunch of girls from Mongolia and a recent transfer student from Denver. I definitely got sunburnt around my eyes, so I looked like I'd been crying or something, but it was still a lot of fun.

Directly after this, I went out to dinner with some friends from Hong Kong. We went to a local restaurant, Chop Suey, and afterward had a sweet red bean soup that Yoko made for us. To everyone's surprise, I thought it was pretty good. After such a full day (spent mostly at the beach which is enough to drain anyone's energy) I got home around 7 and was asleep by 8:30pm.

Today was church as usual and afterward I went to choir as most of my friends are in it. But I spent the rest of the day just lazing around and talking to friends/family back on the mainland.

It was nice being in Utah for awhile, but I must admit that I cm glad to be back "home" now. Of course, I've scheduled another mainland visit this summer, but until then I'll be working on my tan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment