Thursday, March 26, 2009

Take Action Tour

So I went to my very first (real) concert on Tuesday.

I wasn't really all that excited, I consider concerts more of a right of passage rather than a party (had we been seeing The Pussycat Dolls or Lily Allen it would have been a different story). Unfortunately, my friends were very excited so I kind of dampened the atmosphere.

They made me drive. Which was pretty funny because I had no idea where we were going. Her parents were giving me directions, but I'd never driven that far north so I pretty much just smiled and nodded. The only part I remembered was that we had to drive on "Main Street." And I was thinking, Hmm . . . I wonder where main street is . . ."

We got to the concert though, even an hour early. Just in time for the doors to open. All the tickets were general admission so we smashed each other for the best spots. Or rather, they smashed while I watched.

The performances were pretty good, they were local bands so there weren't any fancy effects. Of course the band we were there for performed last, but I figured this way I could brag about all the different bands I saw. 4 different bands performed and I managed to get a Meg&Dia t-shirt.

The only problem with the whole thing was that it was loud. Like really loud. Like, I should have brought earplugs loud. Or maybe my sound blocking headphones. Did I mention it was LOUD?! My left ear was still ringing until this morning. Do you understand how annoying that is? I, mean, it would have been one thing if both my ears were ringing, but no. My right ear recovered within 30 mins after we left for home.

Anyway, I'll quit ranting. I can officially say that I've been to a decent concert.

Oh, and yesterday, Nick held my hand for the first time ever. This was our 6th or 7th date and he finally got the guts. I was pretty sure that he would, what with all the hand twitching on our last date, but . . . it was still pretty exciting. ^^ Maybe next week he'll kiss me?! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment