Wednesday, June 24, 2009

1/3 of the term is over!

So it's been awhile since my last blog, but being in Hawaii is a lot more low key than Japan was. I've settled into living by myself and haven't cried myself to sleep too many times. I was feeling really lonely my first week here, but I've made more friends since then and I try to keep myself busy.

Ceramics has gotten better, we're working on the potter's wheel now. It was really difficult at first, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I do better when my teacher isn't watching though. I just get so nervous when he's watching everything i do wrong!! But he is really helpful too. :)

Science is officially not my favorite thing, but that's okay too. At least I'm not failing, right? I'm actually doing fairly well in the class and mostly keep up on studying. Mostly.

Gym is almost fun, except when we are getting tested. I wouldn't say I have friends in that class, but I talk to almost everyone in there.

I have explored a little bit more of my surroundings. I went snorkeling at Shark's Cove, that's where I discovered that I don't really have a phobia of fish, but a phobia of unknown live things in the water. If that makes any sense at all... I swam to China Man's Hat at high tide, it was really difficult and I probably won't do it again, but climbing to the top was really cool. One of my really good friends, Jonah, took me to Kaneohe yesterday. It's prety much the only mall around here. It's not all that far away, but here the speed limit ranges between 25-35mph, so it takes a pretty long time to get there.

Last night my roommate and I water ballooned some of her friends as they were coming home from work, it was way funny cause even the guys started running away yelling. The only crummy part was waiting 30 minutes in the bush for them to arrive. We got so excited about our plan that we left early (just in case).

Umm, the ward I have been attending has agreed to take me in. They requested my records, so I should be an official member (of their ward) soon.

I really like being here because I get to meet people from all over the world. Learning about different ways of living is one of my favorite things, so I think that this is a really great opportunity for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment