Sunday, May 10, 2009

Last Week in Fukuoka (pt. 2)

I am actually in Tokyo right now (and have been since May 9/yesterday), I will tell everyone about it after we move to the next city (this wednesday). So this is gonna be a really short update.

On thursday we didn't do anything beyond go to school. We told Irene (our friend from the Philippines) that we would attend movie night, but we fell asleep and didn't wake up til really late (9pm-ish).

Friday was a sad day. Shelly and I were late to school (by about 10 mins) cause we were so busy with our last minute packing. After arriving, I realized that I had left the postcards and our remaining rice at home--we wanted to pawn the rice off to someone who would use it. We had our graduation, but I didn't prepare a speech so I pretty much had nothing to say. Shelly, Rionero-san and I graduated that day which was funny cause we're all in the same class.

Shelly went on to Hakata Station to meet her dad and get a rail pass. I went home to grab the postcards, rice and my rail pass voucher. It took me about an hour, even though I took the subway, to get to the dorm, drop off the gifts and finally arrive in Hakata. At about that same time, Shelly and her dad decided to go to the dorm to find me...

An hour later (exactly when I decided I was going home), they came back to the station and found me waiting by the JR Rail Pass office. I had Shelly's passport, so she wasn't able to get her rail pass.

While Shelly and her dad got their rail passes (I had already gotten mine), I went to the bakery and got some awesome food. Then Shelly's dad treated us to dinner--which was delicious--and then flavored ice--which was also delicious. Finally, we made it back home in one piece.

Shelly and i had bought waaaay too much junkfood for our going away party, so we had to give some of our treats away. I felt really sick afterwards and I will never look at an Oreo the same way again (Shelly's dad brought us 2 packages of Oreos).

Anyway, that's it for Fukuoka. On our 2nd to last day in Japan we will leave Hiroshima and arrive back in Fukuoka for the night. Then we will fly back in the morning. Love you all and Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment